Wednesday, February 02, 2005

you were supposed to enjoy it



People at work were writing haikus today for some reason I absolutely do not want to inquire about. Better it is, I think, to revive the three classics that Cindy presented at the Blue Chair haiku slam on November 5, 1994:

Generation X:
If I wanted a label
I'd shop at the Gap

I want a flat chest.
Those old-man white undershirts
look best with no bra

We're in yuppie hell!
Guavaween every weekend.
Ybor City sucks.

A reason to worry?

I just noticed that the Sisters' official web site, besides not having been updated in ages, is now not loading at all. I'm hoping this is just an Internet issue (either w/ my connection or with their hosting service), not a harbinger of doom as it was when Pee Shy's site started going kablooey.

By the way, I spoke too soon when I said the Caulfield Sisters had no blog of their own. It looks like they do, or at least someone has set up a space where they might put one. Mighty cool -- I put it in the quick links to the right for your easy reference. The slogan says it all, don't it?

If you need your ass rocked, we can help.

Good news!

Looks like 'twas only a false alarm and the official site is still up. So visit it early and often. Let's home it has some news soon -- another recording on the way and a passel of live gigs, maybe? When there are tidings to tell, we'll tell them here, too.


Long live Caulfieldom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, yes!
nice to see that somebody is trying to help promoting the sisters' music! who is this actually? maybe i know you...

hey, you need to help me convince cindy to invest some money in radio promotion for their latest EP... don't you think phoebe's song could be a college radio hit?

take care, and thanks for what you are doing...

paolo

p.s. by the way, here's another band that needs help with promotion http://www.myspace.com/codachrome - it's obviously my band, let me know what you think!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- I'm kind of amazed somebody found this thing, and a little embarrassed that I haven't gotten more things of substance posted here yet. Anyway, good to meet you, Paolo.

I don't think we know each other. I'm just an old fan from two-thirds of the Sisters' Florida days.(I've never even seen them perform as the Caulfield Sisters, sad to say.)

I totally agree w/ you on the amazingness of "Phoebe's Song," but I know nothing about promotion or what kind of cash that would take. Plus, hasn't Cindy already done the hit-on-college-radio thing? (Pee Shy's song "Mr. Whisper" supposedly hit No. 2 in 1998, according to an obnoxious old article by some Village Voice writer who spent most of his time ogling Cindy's breasts.) But yeah, that song and "Mosquito" and "Dumbfound Me" all deserve to be heard more widely.

Anyway, thanks for the link to your band -- I'll check it out. Thanks again for writing.

-- Your humble blog proprietor