Saturday, September 08, 2007

but when she falls, she's lighter than air

I'm guessing that the Sisters have departed the stage by now, that their faithful fans have enjoyed the comeback show at Don Hills, and that the Earth has resumed spinning on its proper axis. I hope it was everything a Caulfield Sisters performance should be -- life-changing, psoriasis-curing, the type of experience that leaves you with your soul cleansed, your hedges trimmed and your cuticles sparkling. Or something like that.

Did the Sisters have another show scheduled for this week? I thought I saw one mentioned on the message board before it succumbed to all the spam.

Anybody who's still hanging around the tri-state area might want to check out Kristin's other band Gloria Deluxe peforming Must Don't Whip 'Um at the Philly Fringe Festival. The shows run Wednesday through Friday at Temple University.

Anyway, I just wanted to say welcome back. Now when's the world tour?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the show was GREAT! Quite a decent sized crowd, and everyone was loudly appreciative of the return of the Sisters! They sounded amazing, even though Cindy's mic could have been a little louder. They were so obviously enjoying themselves, and Kristin was on FIRE behind the kit!

I asked Cindy "So, are the Sisters back?" and she replied, "WE ARE BACK!". I know they will have more shows soon, I am looking to put a show together of The Caulfield Sisters, Elizabeth Harper, Elk City, and Morning Theft for sometime end of October/beginning of November.

Anonymous said...

The show was great, but I disagree about the sound. On most of the songs if there was the slightest bit of reverb I found it incredibly difficult to hear Cindy, e.g. I think I only heard a few words of Phoebe's Song. I couldn't hear Mary at all. It was a shame, because you could tell they were having a great time and were really into it. I understanding drowning out the vocals to some degree, but it was really too much.

And yes, Kristin totally rocked!

Still, it was great seeing them again after such a long break and I can't wait to see them again.